10 May 2007

The Trailer

What does this little building have to do with my trailer house?

First off, the trailer is just right for me. The side opposite from what you see in the previously posted trailer picture has a section that pops out making for a nice sized LDK. There is enough floor space for me to put down a straw mat and do my Pilates. A little kitchenette. Full sized appliances. There is a table with bench seating and also along the rest of that wall another bench seat. The 'neck' of the trailer is my bedroom with a nice firm double bed mattress. The trailer house is American made, so, it has nice high doorways, a good sized fridge and seperate freezer. The only part that is different is the bathroom/toilet. The shower/bath is a bit small but manageable. It's the toilet. It's very small. And, the space you have... If I had to close the door, I don't know what I'd do.

So, this is where the photo of that cute little building comes in. Yes, it is the local public toilet. It's only fifty metres (yards) from my trailer house. It's basic but well maintained, and, the stall is quite spacious. Plenty of elbow room. Occasionally, I wander on down there.

Then, the other day, I was down in the shopping district and I thought "Department stores have nice restrooms." So, I headed for the best one in town. I searched around and found a sign with the blue man and pink woman symbol (there was some writiing that I couldn't read) However, there was only a door for the women. And, one for the handicapped. So, I thought, "the men must share the handicapped toilet."

I stepped forward, slid back the door and entered...

TOILET HEAVEN!

Space, sPace, spAce, spaCe, spacE, I jumped, I skipped, I turned around and smiled. Yeah, this is more like it. Hanging on the wall a spray dispenser of disinfectant to apply to a folded length of t/p and wipe down the toilet seat. (Did I ever tell you of the time... hmmm, I'll skip that story)

Next, the toilet seat... It is HEATED. If you have ever come in on a day that is a tick above freezing and put your bare little bottom on a heated toilet seat... Well, let me tell you, that feels good! As if that weren't enough, the control panel for the seat has a button for 'spray' (indian style, ya know), douche and then one that plays music when you flush. This is the place for me. I wonder if the salesgirls will notice my little visits every day?

PS- I have searched and found various places around town to accomodate me. One for each day of the week. Each one is different. Still, Wednesday is still my favourite day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

G'day mate. Let me tell you about Toilet Hell!

After six monthes in SE Asia I'm still to use a squatter 'starting stall ' type. And having had at least three severe episodes of the green apple quickstep...
Enough of toilet humour, good to hear of you and Kate mentioned several weeks ago in her only communication that you were really enjoying your little self. Bloody good to hear.

We are currently in Chiang Mai and as the rains have started, expect to stay 'till the end of the month when we head for BB. Taking a truncated massage course for personal efication and doing very little else other than drinking and eating.
Have had acouple of glorious weeks on a Vietnamese island just off the Cambodian coast and would have stayed for more but for deterioratiing weather.
Sent newslatter somne weeks ago which I hope you received.

Do hope we see each other again in the not too distant future.
Take good care friend.
Love Tony