16 June 2007

The Farewell Party


Here is a photo from my sensei's website. This is how he looks when he is performing. It is strange for me to look at this photo because I am used to seeing him in jeans and a t-shirt. He and his wife Megumi have been very good friends to me. Below is a photo from a farewell party they threw for David and me.


Kaoru, my teacher is on your left.

Megumi is beside me. She plays and teaches Koto. She started when she was three years old! She also practices Sho-do, which is the drawing of the Kanji.

Haruku (Haru), is directly in front of Megumi. He's 17 years old. Last year of High School. He's on the basketball team.

Emi, is in front of me. She's 15 years old. High School. She loves throwing the javelin. Travels everyday to her school to practice the javelin.

Takashi (Acchi) is up on the ladder in the back. He's 13 years old. Also, basketball player. His favourite subject- English. He also loves to cook. He prepared the meal they invited me to when I first arrived.

David is between Kaoru and me. The guy at the front Yayuen, a friend of David's who is Chinese/Australian and studying Classical Japanese Literature at Waseda Uni in Tokyo. The dude with his shirt up is Lachlan from Perth, another of Kaoru's students. The girl in front of him is his friend, Masaki. David changed her name to Mo' Sake!

Yes, it was a fun night.

No comments: